Awasis Agency of Northern Manitoba: Director of Human Resources
AWASIS AGENCY OF NORTHERN MANITOBA
Professional Employment Opportunity
(Location: To be determined)
DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Reporting to the Executive Director as a member of the senior management team, the Director of Human Resources will plan, organize, and direct all aspects of the human resource function. This will include employment, labour relations, employee retention and compensation. They will oversee the development and promotion of human resource policies, processes and strategies.
- Direct the activities of the Human Resources department
- Plan and promote HR policies and procedures
- Assist managers in the implementation of best practices in human resource management
- Participate in the development of Agency objectives and strategic planning
- Assist the Senior Management team in long range staff planning
- Lead the labour and employee relations functions.
- Degree or diploma in Business or Human Resource Management or related discipline
- Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP) designation is an asset
- 10 or more years of progressively responsible related work experience
- 5 or more years of experience in a senior HR management capacity
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with employees and managers
- Experience with recruitment and retention strategies
- Expert knowledge of labor and employee relations
- Leadership development, coaching, compensation planning and job analysis
- Experienced in Child and Family Service or Social Services is an asset
- Demonstrated understanding and respect for Aboriginal culture
Conditions of Employment:
- Must pass a criminal records check, child abuse registry check and prior contact check.
- Travel is required within this position.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Individuals interested in this challenging opportunity should forward a resume in confidence to:
Rose McKay, Executive Director
Awasis Agency of Northern Manitoba
201-274 Smith Street
Winnipeg, MB R3C 1K1
Fax: (204) 987-9489
Closing Date: March 17, 2014
We thank everyone who applies for the above position however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This entry was posted in Employment and Training
. Bookmark the permalink
. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.