10 Fast Facts ’bout Stefan Richard
HOLAY. EVER SICK. Someone told me I had to write a blog so I kept thinking about what I would write about then I realized I should probably write about myself seeing as no one really knows who I am or what I’d done before I started talking on the NCI airwaves in May 2018, plus people like this kind of clickbait-y stuff…
Okay, here we go, my name is Stefan Richard, I’m a member of the Sagkeeng First Nation. Here are 10 fast facts about me:
- I grew up in Winnipeg. My Father is from Sagkeeng and my Mom’s family comes from Camperville & Riverton.
- I have an 8 year old son, who is absolutely hilarious, I can see him being a comedian.
- I used to be a Professional Wrestler. I had my first match in December 2002 at age 15 at Chalmers Community Club in Winnipeg.
- I left wrestling in 2015 after I broke my nose twice, diagnosed with a concussion, tore my bicep, herniated the L4-L5 disc in my back and doctors discovered bone spurs in my neck ALL IN ONE YEAR.
(Dat’s me, boy)
- I got bit on the arm by a popular up-and-coming music artist, if you ever see me in person… I’ll tell you who it was.
- I am a HUGE Prince fan and have a tattoo of Prince’s Love Symbol.
- I used to take Japanese language lessons as a kid. (I got pretty good but I’ve forgotten most of it.)
- Years ago, I used to do security at a Winnipeg nightclub, the house DJ used to let me get on the mic to promote the drink specials & introduce the live bands, after a few months a regular customer that worked in media said I needed to try to get into radio… Good advice I’d say.
- Before starting with NCI FM, I hosted my own podcast called the Ever Sick! Podcast, it had almost 150 episodes, including 2 Live Shows. The podcast featured guests such as NHL Legend Reggie Leach, Hip Hop artist Drezus & Winnipeg Goldeyes GM Andrew Collier.
- Also, I’m going to be the biggest radio host of all-time.
I guess we’ll close it off on a high note huh? I hope you learned a little something and I hope you’ll call me in the studio endlessly.