In New Zealand, things got so bad with parents trying to name their children with “unique” names, they had to make laws against it.
Listed here are the names that have been tried and forbidden
- Lucifer – A reported six people tried this,
- Stallion – never attempted to be applied to a child, but was included anyway when the list was created.
- Yeah Detroit – never attempted to be applied to a child, but was included anyway when the list was created. (to be fair, im not even sure how that particular city got included in the do not name list)
- Sex Fruit – it was deemed it would be offensive
- 4Real – One couple reported to be denied for this request
- Rogue – I presume the parents are fans of the x-men
- Fish & Chips – I know people love food, but this? As we say in Cree “Stuggats”
- Constable – Official titles as it turns out can not be used as names
- Baron – another name falling under an official title
- Mafia No Fear – Request once, and denied
- Saint – If Kim K and Kanye West lived there, they would not get away with that.
This all started when I found out back in 2009, a couple named their kid “Talua does the hula from Hawaii”
The kid was adopted by residents of New Zealand.
The parents lost custody after courts found out about the ordeal, that the child was calling herself “K”, in fears of facing ridicule from her school peers.